Shaving do's and don'ts
Shaving is, of course, a personal choice. However, if you decide to shave you need to observe some tips that will make shaving easier and more comfortable. Therefore, Imperial Touch Skin Care would like to present you with a couple of helpful tips on shaving and Shaving Do's and Don'ts.
1. Avoid shaving your face the very first thing in the morning – Let your skin wake up first! Then, use a facial scrub, like our Imperial Touch Oat Protein Facial Scrub or facial cleanser, like Imperial Touch Facial Cleanser to eradicate dead skin cells and open up your face's pores. This should be one of the best preparations for a comfortable, easy shave.
2. Stubble should be wetted, preferably with warm water before you shave. Then, gently massage your shaving cream or gel into stubble. A vitamin and Aloe Vera based shave cream or gel will provide a close soothing shave and protect against razor rashes and burns. For best results, use our Imperial Touch Aloe Vera Shaving Gel. Imperial Touch Medicated Shave Gel reduces friction, minimizes nicks, cuts and scrapes, permitting a smooth, close, comfortable shave.
3. Always use a sharp blade. Using a dull blade usually results in shaving cuts, rashes and razor burns.
4. Even if you are in a hurry, take your time! Rinse your blade often in warm or hot water, and use slow, short strokes.
5. Shave with the grain. Shaving against the grain will likely cause redness, rashes, razor burns and ingrown hair. And, yes, they are painful!
6. After shaving, you should apply moisturizer to soothe your face. Avoid moisturizers with menthol or alcohol – even though they may feel good on your skin after shaving, they can be irritating to the skin.
Sign Up For Exclusive Offers From Imperial Touch Skin Care.